At Priory Junior School we believe that our children need to be equipped with skills that will help to prepare them for modern life in a digital age. We aim to develop the whole child through the learning we provide and the PRIDE values that we adhere to.
- We want our children to be at PEACE with themselves and live in peace with others
- We want our children to RESPECT themselves and celebrate diversity
- We want our children to grow in confidence, learn INDEPENDENCE; take responsibility for themselves and act responsibly in society
- We want our children to show DETERMINATION and resilience in their relationships
- We want our children to be ambassadors of justice, challenge prejudice and value EQUALITY.
We recognise that it is our responsibility to understand of the community we serve and to respond to identified concerns including proactively teaching children about potential threats to their health and safety. We expect pupils to act safely and feel safe in school, including that they understand the issues relating to all forms of bullying and that they feel confident to seek support from school should they feel they or others are unsafe. We would also want parents/carers to feel confident that their children are safe and cared for in school and that incidents, if/when they do arise, are dealt with promptly and effectively.
The following documents are here to support you at home and explain the approaches used in school for preventing and challenging bullying.